Thursday, November 10, 2016

Casa Hogar: Brokenness turned to Beauty


As I approach the half way point of my year here at Casa Hogar, I wanted to share with you all why I love this place so much, and I think that as I explain why, you will see that it is the people that make this place so wonderful. Typically I use this blog just to update what is happening here, but today I want you to be able to see the glory that God is receiving through this place. I first came to Casa Hogar when I was 15 years old and when I came home from that trip, I remember telling my parents I was going to live there one day. If you have been to Casa Hogar you have felt this feeling to some extent, you may not plan to live here one day, but I am guessing you definitely were changed by this place in a significant way. Why? Well because the beauty of God and his creation is so evident and vividly seen through the kids and the leaders of Casa Hogar. No, this place is not perfect, but there is something about it that is just intangible and inexplicable, something that if you have been here you know exactly what I am talking about. I cannot express to you how much I have grown as a person because of how these kids have loved me and shown me what loving like Jesus truly means. You see these kids took me, a foreigner who does not belong in this land, and made me feel like a part of this family. That’s why I love this place; they are a family. They love each other so much; yes they have their differences and hardships as any other family would, but what is astonishing is that they love those who are outsiders without reservation. If you visit here they embrace you and love you as their own. The leaders and the kids here have an enormous heart for other people and have taught me so well to love everyone around me regardless of whether we have everything in common or nothing in common. The body of Christ is an amazing gift from our Savior because we are able to fall in love with Him more because of how his people love each other. In fact, Jesus tells us that this is how the world will know we are Christ’s disciples if we love one another. I wanted to write about how special this place is because I want to encourage you that Jesus is working. That He is making all things new and is making brokenness whole again. Casa Hogar is the Lord’s house and part of the body of Christ, and I am so thankful for everyone who has come to visit this place to love on these kids and remind them that the body of Christ is bigger than just one church or city. I made the video posted below so that you can understand and know a little more about Casa Hogar. While we all may have different types of “missions” in this world, we are all one body working towards one goal of glorifying God and enjoying Him forever. There are so many different ways you can support this beautiful ministry at Casa Hogar, but the biggest and most powerful way is by praying for this place. Pray that Jesus would continue to move in this place and use this place to bring His name glory. Pray that each of these kids would be able to see that they do have a family in the body of Christ. Pray that these kids would understand how desperately loved they are by a perfect Father, who will never ever abandon them. Pray that any group, organization, worker, etc. that comes into this home would see the power of Jesus and would see that God is working in this place. In a world of brokenness, we look to a King who promises to make all things new and we praise Him when we are able to see these glimpses of the beauty to come through things as simple as a smiling and laughing child who has no reason to smile or laugh by the world’s standards. Thank you to each and every one of you who has supported this ministry and loved these kids. If you would like to be more involved or know other ways that you can support these kids please feel free to email me at katiescott424@gmail.com.

VIDEO LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxJ4QT1miS4

No comments:

Post a Comment